Sunday, December 4, 2016

More Rain, More Chores

0n November 29 we got 2-8/10s rain, on the 30th we got another 1-3/10s and more in the forecast . In fact we were dealing with some pretty severe storms at a little before 3:00 pm on the 30th. Today is December 4th and we have another 1/2inch already. Todays rain is a slow soaking rain just what we need.






  That doesn't take us out of the drought  but it looks like we are headed in the right direction.

While the ground is good and damp I am going to try and burn all those boxes in the back yard and do some cleaning up before we start stringing barbwire on the back side of the property .


My neighbor and I went to the goat auction Saturday. But it looks like it has turned in to a pig auction, We seen more pigs than goats.







video
.(sorry I didn't get any goat photos).

But I did get a few photos of some chickens and bunny's.

We also found out that the guy that owns the auction has bought a saw mill.


We had a discussion with him  about  coming and  cutting  some of our trees. I really need these pines removed. I am really weary of them in a storm, they are to close to the house for comfort, 



And finally went and picked up the barbed wire  today, now the work begins. We can start to string wire around our property.




















No comments: